A Few of My Favorite Things

 


1) A Felt Heart Garland. My Girlfriend's Mom got this for me while on my first trip with them. I saw it in the store, fell in love, and she insisted on buying it. It is a sweet reminder of both of them. 

2) A Miniature Sculpture of My Old Dog Buddy. This small sculpture sat on my Mom's dresser for the better part of my life. As long as I lived in that house with her, it remained in the same place. Although I definitely attempted to steal it several times as a child. 

3) A Golden Lucky Cat. This is not the only lucky cat in my possession, but one of the first I remember owning. I've always felt drawn to them as long as I can remember. 

4) A Lobster Claw Pipe gifted to me from my best friend, who now lives in Maine. It is a beautiful handmade piece she purchased there. I think of her every time I look at it. 

5) A Unakite Crystal. Along with a few other crystals, I keep this in my room to bring good energy. Unakite is supposed to promote psychological and spiritual well-being. While I'm still not fully convinced they work, I like to keep them around just in case they do.

6) A Copper Heart my Dad handmade for my Mom at the time. Now divorced, I get to keep it. It reminds me of not only my Dad, but his love for art and all of the time I spent watching him create as I grew up.

Comments

Popular Posts